Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Long Distance


Everything is so incredibly hectic. I leave for Sri Lanka on Saturday. Not only do I have a lot to do before then, but I keep creating more projects for myself, like fancying up my moleskine, or designing this blog. When I get back, around mid-August, it'll be time to pack up my life and move everything to Chapel Hill. A lot of it (my life?) will have to go into storage, but I have to find a place to fit the things from my studio. I doubt I'll have a place for my cutting table. My fabric, pillows, and notions need to be accessable, though, and that could be a problem.

I’m retreating to Chapel Hill because my life sort of collapsed and I don't think I can handle my day-to-day responsibilities while I put it back together. I’m leaving a lot of drama behind in Birmingham, but if I'm not careful I think I'll have plenty of complications to deal with in NC. What I need and want to do is to spend a lot of time on myself with therapy, mediation, yoga, and anything else that might clear out my head. The allure of the drama of human existence is never gone, though. I'm forever ambivalent about it, like most people. I hope I can get the distance I need in Sri Lanka. If not, at least it'll be a hella sweet vacay.

1 comment:

  1. aww...yer book looks so sad all in pieces. i can't wait to see it in it's finished form!

    ReplyDelete