Sunday, January 10, 2010

Moleskine Re-Pimp

Say "hello" to my (re)refreshed Moleskine. The spine of this little trooper was threatening to give out so I gave him a facelift. Plus it gave me an excuse to trade out the green endpapers (from last year's fix/pimp) for yellow ones. Pantone® may find it passé, but I'm still about it.

This was my second attempt to fix this particular issue, so I'm extra proud that it turned out so fly. On the first go the book cloth refused to adhere to the cover. This time I scored the cover along the perimeter of the to-be-recovered area and (carefully) peeled away the black plastic-y stuff, leaving exposed book board. Problem solved. Moleskine pimped. Fresh as fuck.



1 comment:

  1. Nice looking fix you've done. My Moleskine has been totally blown out; the folios are still stuck together but they have completely come apart from the cover. Can you describe how you fixed yours please?

    ReplyDelete