Thursday, October 15, 2009

Past Bedtime

It is depressing to realize that a song you've always liked, and simultaneously been grateful that you can't entirely relate to, suddenly describes your situation to a tee.

I'm tired. I want to go sleep, but for some reason, I'm still sitting up. I think it's a combination of inertia and the groundless hope that something nice will happen, thus ending my day on a good note. Things aren't really bad, exactly. I'm more bored than anything else. Plus the only people I have face-to-face contact with are usually check-out girls or mechanics or whatever other stranger is peripherally involved in my errands. Really, today was comparatively exciting. I found an Asian market down 15-501, finished a "save the date" card for Tim and Kaylan, and got a cute (or so the receptionist told me) haircut at Moshi Moshi. Also, my NC driver's license came today and it's the first not horrible photo since I got my learner's permit (the photo for which was actually quite good). These things will have to suffice for pleasant thoughts to fall asleep to.

No comments:

Post a Comment