Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bring Me Soymilk

On my flight from JFK to Atlanta I was completely surrounded by children. The kid behind me was practicing her tap routine on the back of my seat while her baby brother pounded on the window like some sort of tiny Dustin Hoffman. The third sibling was literally up to her elbows in bangles so that her every move was distinctly audible. Another little girl peeked between the seats in front of me and then slowly and deliberately licked the window from bottom to top. From across the aisle, the stench of Cool Ranch Doritos engulfed me and I wished for death.

I finally got back to Birmingham at 9:15 this morning after missing my connecting flight in Atlanta and then sleeping through the flight I was rebooked on at 7:30 this morning. I can't say the travel portion of my vacation was particularly awesome, but it's over now. I can quietly avoid my responsibilities from the comfort of my living room. At least until tomorrow, when I'll probably have to deal with various inconveniences, including the fact that my car was hit while I was out of town.

Until then, I refuse to go anywhere, even the grocery store, though I'm in serious need of soymilk (I could probably also use some food). Publix is just too much at the moment. Instead, I'm going to take an ill-advised nap and then stay up too late watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment