Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sri Lanka Pt. 2

Because I know you're on the edge of your seat, I'll go ahead and tell you straight off that my pants, after a couple of washings, are ok. You can exhale now.

We spent the entire weekend shopping and running errands, including dropping my birth info off so I could have my chart done. Apparently by Saturday morning I'll know all sorts of things about my present and future including when and to whom I will finally get married. Please, someone sort it all out, because I'm clearly incapable.

My downfall here has been fabric. I have bought no fewer than five saris and I'm afraid that if I go anywhere near a fabric shop, I'll buy more. But they're soooooo pretty, and they're all different and amazing and I could really just spend the rest of my life looking at them. Clearly I need to find a Sri Lankan dude so it won't be weird for me to wear them around the house (yes, I realize that it would still be weird).

We arrived at the beach yesterday and are going to some historical sites tomorrow. I think we're going to see elephants after that, and then back to Colombo for Ami's 80th birthday party. I'm glad my last few days will be in town and not full of travelling. I'll have plenty of that on the way home.

I must leave this internet point before I steam to death. More when I return to Colombo.
I won't be able to really post any photos until after I get back, so you'll have to survive for now on these fisherman pulling in nets.

2 comments:

  1. phew, i'm glad yer pants survived. mostly serious here...because i'm sure yer minimalist self only brought one pair of long pants. crackhead.

    can't wait to see more peektures...and the multiple saris i'm sure you'll return home with. if you have a chance, would you grab one for me and i will pay you when you are back in town? i don't know that i will ever be in sri lanka to get one for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll at least post a photo of some of the fabric when I get back to Colombo. Super-mega sweet, bro. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete