Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bonus

  • My bad luck rubbed off onto the School for Girls, apparently, but as a pleasant surprise, I managed to leave Birmingham before half of the house fell off. Nice.
  • There's an old metal trash bin in our powder room with a faded illustration/print. Similar ones were all over my grandparents' house, and I think I remember that my grandmother had decoupaged them all sometime before I was alive. I've seen this one a thousand times, but I just realized that the image on it was really cool. It turns out that some clever soul (my grandmother, I guess) also pasted the text that went along with the pic from wherever she found it. It seems it's a piece by this guy Georges de Feure. Probably the dude is way famous and I'm an idiot. No worries, though. I've been loving on some art nouveau for years now, so I'm stoked to know of another artist I like.
  • And in other news of random discoveries, one of my quilts was on the the front page of Etsy today. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment